Saturday, December 29, 2012

So where do we go from here? A new era for a new year.

After surviving the impending doom, another year comes to a close. It's been one of the most vibrant years for politics, technology and punk rock. We kicked out some of the most vile members of congress like Allen West, California X'd out their draconian "three strikes" law. Joe bloody Lieberman (the WORST senator ever, see a previous post for details) is FINALLY retiring. And as far as cultural tolerance goes, we saw the legalization of ganja and gay marriage.A pretty big shift in the context of the limited scope of the American political spectrum.

It was also a year of arrests, intimidation and an assassination plot(this was a big story leading many to believe that the FBI planned on assassinating Occupy leaders, but a careful reading reveals that the FBI merely 'uncovered' a plot to do that. I'll leave it to the readers of this to draw their own conclusions). One member of Anonymous (Barrett Brown) even got raided.



Oh, and did I mention that SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) got defeated? The people WON the Internet!

#WIN


As far as music goes for this year, I have been lagging when it comes to going to shows or checking out new music. OFF! seems to be the band that is keeping punk rock alive. I saw them play a show in my neck of the woods, but I ran too fast in the circle pit, got dehydrated and kicked out and ended up missing Refused (who played right after them). Right now I'm missing an awesome show featuring hardcore bands such as Revenge and Dick Move.
Keith Morris(OFF!) at his finest

This is also the year where I've discovered a genre of music that I've never heard about: Nerdcore/Nerdrap. It has been on heavy rotation whether I'm just using Youtube, or if I'm listening to my iTouch in the car. YTCracker is (IMHO) the BEST nerd rapper out there. He spits about NES, energy drinks, and 0day exploits (among many other nerdy topics) with some of the dopest rhymes and beats you will ever hear. He came out with a new EP just a week ago, so check it out here.

Nerdcore will rise up and get elevated -MC Frontalot

What will 2013 bring? Hopefully more awesomeness in everything this isolated corner of the internet stands for. On a personal level, I will keep raging against our injustice system, hacking/modding and delivering you more of that sweet original content(OC) that you crave. Let's make 2013 the greatest.

-Punkitechs, hacking out.



No comments:

Post a Comment